My Top Ten
Excuses Reasons For Being A Slacker Blogger Lately
1. Laundry. It's going to be the death of me, I tell you.
2. My family insists upon being fed regularly.
3. The dog needed to be neutered, and since we live an hour away from the vet, it was an all-day undertaking with all four kids.
4. Cows take up a lot of time, especially when they need sorted, moved, doctored, and marketed.
5. Kites are all fun and games until someone gets theirs tangled up in the barbed wire fence, another lets go and it ends up in the wheat stubble, and the other two mingle their strings together in a knot so complex that the only cure is a pair of scissors.
6. Eliminating caffeine from my afternoon routine has the effect of making me sleepy at 10 p.m. Who knew?
7. My little boy graduates from kindergarten tomorrow, and I'm just not prepared to accept that. I keep lapsing into nostalgic moments in which I imagine he is still three years old and hasn't yet figured out that his teacher is way smarter than his mom.
8. Don't even get me started on 8. My girlie is now 8, and she had two chocolate cakes to commemorate the event. And now she drives a Dodge.
9. As part of the grand birthday celebration, we visited my childhood home, where lambing is in full swing. That was infinitely better than doing laundry.
10. Did you know I have dust bunnies at my house? I'll show you pictures to prove it tomorrow. . . provided I can catch up on my laundry today.
By the way, thanks for all the great answers to my challenge below. I like them all, so I'm not picking a winner. But sometime soon I'll have another contest in which I will actually award a prize! Of course, that's all provided that I can catch up on my laundry. . .