I guess you could say that I'm a tough sale. A hard nut to crack. Stubborn, even.
Remember when I asked my faithful blog readers about tonsils and adenoids?
I read each comment.
I valued each opinion.
I received emails, phone calls, and more advice than I could process, and it was nearly unanimous: yank 'em out.
So what did I do?
Nothing. Absolutely nothing. I didn't call the ENT and schedule surgery. I didn't block out a week in my day planner to devote to the procedure and recovery. Instead, I decided to wait. If we could just hold out until the end of cold and flu season, I reasoned, maybe she would outgrow her tendency to acquire an ear infection with every stinking cold she catches.
And what, pray tell, did I get for my reasoning, my wait and see philosophy, and my stubborn dismissal of the perfectly valid advice of many others?
A little girl with an "ouchie ear" who allowed me only 30 minutes of sleep last night, a trip to the ER today, yet another round of antibiotics which will be followed by intestinal upset, and a headache.
I guess you could say that I am now convinced (and feeling rather sheepish about allowing my baby girl to go through another round of infection because of my hesitation to follow good advice).